Thursday 19 April 2012

Another 'finish this sentence'

This was another in-the-middle-of-the-night idea that had to be quickly written down and created the next day. I am in fact so pleased with this piece that I might make a slightly different but much bigger version of it. It follows the same format as the other 'finish this sentence' pieces, with the beginning of the sentence on the outside of the envelope and then a letter from myself with my answer on the inside. 





In the below letter I didn't literally write where home is for me but rather what it is and the feelings that make a place home for me. This is what I am considering putting on the outside of a bigger piece but I have the feeling there may be more to it, as I'm sure there is some things I missed! As you read it you may notice I sort of switch tenses, I did note this after i finished but decided to leave it as there was a reason for it. That reason being that some of the things exist in my life already and make my place home to me and others are things that exist elsewhere but I wish existed in my current climate. 




I'm really hoping this works as well as the 'In the morning I...' piece as this one gives me a lovely feeling just reading it and I'm the one that wrote it! Hopefully the recipient will feel the same and write back what make's home to them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me things...