Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Line Between 2D and 3D...

I loved making the project 3D...however after considering that if people are not in they may have to pick up their own 'parcels', I decided although it looked great, 3D could be a little harsh on the recipients.

So I compromised between the two...

 It is a little difficult to see in these images but the latest piece of work is a folded up piece of cardboard that resembles an envelope and is slim enough to fit through your letterbox. It unfolds to reveal a message similar to all the other pieces I have sent thus far. It was also (of course) sent with a stamped self addressed envelope inside.





The above is what the piece would look like from the back once folded up...





...and unfolded...




...and finally the inside.


I really enjoy this middle ground between 2D and 3D, I like physical presence that the cardboard brings to the work and how sturdy it feels. The way the piece unfolds is similar to a children's book...revealing the surprise...haha! 



PS: I must apologise about the state of the images...I was having issues with photoshop today...I will hopefully be able to edit them in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me things...