Tuesday 28 August 2012

Lost in amongs the magazines...

This time one of my wee envelopes has found a place to chill out amongst the food magazines..more specifically a vegetarian food magazine! Yup I'll admit that is partially because I am a vegetarian but also because I was orignally going to put it on the fashion/womens magazines. Then I realised I didn't really want to buy one of those sorts of magazines because in the end of the day I don't have a massive interest in clothes or hair and make-up, not that I have anything against people who do. One of my best friends is a fashion student :) 
However, whenever I do buy one of those sorts of magazines I inevitably end up thinking that I:
 A - Need to buy new clothes and B - Need to lose some weight...neither of which is true...I may need to learn to co-ordinate my clothing better but I am a perfectly happy weight
...anyway I digress...

Part of the reason I put it one these magazines is to show the wiiiiiiiiiiide variety of magazines that the News Agent sells, look at all the choice! I started with looking at the 'womens magazines' and then moved on to the cooking and vegetarian magazines, got sidetracked by a snowboarding magazine (no such luck, I ski!) and then ended up buying a gardening magazine! Who needs the supermarket with this much choice on the high street?! As always I am bigging up the local/smaller shops and Strachans is another fine example.



A wee history per chance...

Well, I can still remember Strachans from when i was growing up and visiting it during school lunchtimes and I'm happy to see it now has a wider variety of books (and possibly magazines) and the stationary departmen is still there (I used to find the BEST pens and also really FUN pencil sharpeners in there) as well as the toy shop upstairs..although I didn't get that far, I am saving that for another envelope I think.  They also seem to have branched out in the gift department now - one of the windows is displaying an array of rather nice handbags..I was a little tempted I won't lie! Best of all it still seems to be run by some lovely local people...waaayhey! 

A further upate may follow if I do indeed leave my next envelope upstairs...but then again it won't be a surprise if that is where I leave the next one...so perhaps not..




Do you use your local news agent?

Have you discovered their delightful array of magazines and books?

Or perhaps even better, your the fellow vegetarian who found my envelope?!

Whatever you would like to say, about news agents, local shops, my envelopes, anything...get in touch via the email (neighbours.smile@gmail.com) or simply by leaving a comment below.

As always I love to hear from you all.


And another thanks to Freya who let me know she found one of my last envelopes and is currently considering who to send it on to....good luck Freya I hope it works :)

Peace Out! 

(Yup I did just say that, no shame here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me things...