Friday 3 August 2012

Howdy!


My love of books an of course reading brought me to the library and seeing as my wee envelope was an illustration/carton I thought a good spot for him would be beside the graphic novels. Friendly wee guy isn't he?




I actually wanted to leave this one in the childrens section but there was an old man having a quiet read up there and a mother and child having a not so quiet read, that's the trouble with these photo's they're really hard to take without being seen! I didn't go to the graphic novels next I went to the 'talking books' or 'audio books' as they are now called. I love talking books, even as an adult. I find them profoundly relaxing. I think there is no shame in enjoying listenening to a story even though you are a competent reader. Perhaps I wanted to to capture the imagination of my fellow talking book fans...but alas it was not to be as the talking books are in full view of the counter and for the first time in ages both librarians were at the counter rather than busy with people around the library, darn!

However I do like graphic novels and even own a few...I didn't look hard but I didn't see my favourite series here, I'm sure I could have ordered them in though. :) Now i wait and see if a fellow graphic novel fan has found my wee cowboy hat man...or will the librarian find him and whisk him away instead...

Was it you? 

I would love to hear from you if it was you! 

Or perhaps you recieved him in the post, if you did, let me know what you thought?

2 comments:

  1. hey, I picked up the 'Howdy' envelope in the library! I always look at the graphic novels and noticed a strange-looking card, so after reading it I took it home. Haven't decided who to send it to yet, but I definitely will :) I also noticed the one in the Kilted Frog a few days later, but left it for someone else. I think what you're doing is a really fun and creative idea, being a budding art student myself I love anything a bit out-there and interesting. Freya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Thanks for getting in touch! That's great to hear...I always worry that they get ignored or thrown away. I'm happy to hear your planning on sending it to someone as well :) Can you let me know who you send it to? Or even better send a photo of you sending it?! That would be amazing! I'd love to put a follow up post up about 'Howdy'! Anyt thing else, idea or more...drop me an email at: neighbours.smile@gmail.com ..even if your bored and just fancy a chat :)

    Cheers
    Anon.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me things...