Friday 22 June 2012

Last day of the show tommorow...

Hello Hello,

As the show is nearing it's end ( it's the final day tomorrow) I thought I would post a wee update with how it's all been going and of course a few images to show you and perhaps get some interest for tomorrow! 

Below are photo's of the space...these first two are of my blackboard, that as you can see was for people to write about what home is to them because after all that's part of why I started this project...knowing your neighbours makes a house a home :) Amazingly (as you can see) the blackboard was completely full within a few days and I had to wipe it off so that people could start again..hopefully it will be full to brimming by the end of close tomorrow as well!







All the rest of these photo's are just so you can get a general feel of the show, as you can see all the envelopes I sent out are on the wall, I have a wee desk installation and also on the plinth in the above photo are some mini envelopes to take away, my business cards (I'm not sure I feel old enough to have business cards haha) and my book which is for sale and there are still a few left..so if you want one come along tommorow!

About the book: Just a quick explanation about the book...the book is a tear-out postcard book designed front to back by myself. It contains 20 postcards that can be torn out and sent to neighbours or anyone you wish. Alongside the postcards is a small section that remains after you have torn out the postcards and this section has the subtle story of my project on it. I would include more but I don't want to ruin it for anyone, so come along and have a look!

If there is high demand I may be able to take orders of the book..if I sell out but we shall see...


I really have to go now...but I shall keep you all posted!

Perhaps see you tomorrow! :)



Ps: I'm in the paper here's a link:

http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/visual-arts/visual-art-review-gray-s-school-of-art-degree-show-2012-1-2366459

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me things...